York City Quizball
1. York City won promotion from the old Third Division at the end of the 1973-74 season but which London club did they defeat in their own backyard on the opening day of the campaign?
2. Which five letter word is the name of a former York City right-back and the birthplace of ex-City striker Andy Bishop?
3. Which on loan striker scored for York City in a 1-1 draw against Leeds United at Elland Road in a Football League Cup second round tie in September 1987?
4. What was the christian name of Marco Gabbiadini's younger brother who made just a single substitute appearance for the club in the late 80s?
5. Who managed York City between June 1987 and September 1988?
6. Who am I? ...'I was born in Manchester in December 1972 and progressed through York City's youth system before turning professional in February 1991. I went on to be named as their 'Clubman of the Year' and made more than 200 senior appearances until joining Blackpool?'
7. Which defender totalled 390 senior appearances for York City between 1966-74 and is generally regarded as the club's finest player in his particular position?
8. Who was York City's unused outfield substitute in their FA Trophy final defeat to Stevenage Borough in May 2009?
9. Which player joined York City in a straight swap that took midfielder Ian McDonald to Aldershot in November 1981?
10. From which club did York City sign left-back Neil Thompson in March 1998?