York City Ladies Quizball - Results
Here are the answers to a specially compiled seasonal quiz for followers of our favourite women's team, York City Ladies.
1. Which player scored in each of the four opening league games of the current season?
2. City Ladies received a walk-over in their recent North Riding FA Cup tie after which club failed to raise a side?
3. Who is the regular reserve goalkeeper for City Ladies?
4. Who scored the winning penalty in last season's dramatic North Riding FA Cup final shoot-out victory over Middlesbrough?
Photo: Ian Parker
Q4. Cup final joy for the victorious Minsterbelles
5. Which player recently scored seven goals in a reserve team game?
6. In which position did City finish in the league last season?
7. Which two City players have already scored first-team hat-tricks this season?
KATIE DUCKWORTH, ALICIA SMITH
8. Which club beat City Ladies in last season's League Cup final?
9. In which year were York City Ladies FC officially founded?
10. Who is current manager of the reserve team?
11. Lisa Bjornstad and Kristine Myrberg both played for City last season but from which country did they arrive?
12. Which recent City player's brother won a bronze medal at this year's Glasgow Commonwealth Games?
13. In February goalkeeper Chloe Precious turned down a move to which club?
Photo: Ian Parker
Q13. Goalkeeper Chloe Precious rejected which club for York City?
14. York City Ladies were actually formed from which two other local ladies football clubs?
ROWNTREES LFC, OAKLAND RANGERS
15. Can you work out the ten Minsterbelles listed below in anagram form?
(a) Snow cab aced (b) We be rabbits
(c) Hammer bagman (d) By late notch
(e) Warns a refer (f) Brink I know
(g) Jane's Serbs (h) Bizarre hurt
(i) See who joins (j) Throw sleuth real nut
(a) BECCA DAWSON (b) ABBI WEBSTER
(c) MEGAN BRAMHAM (d) BETH CLAYTON
(e) SARA RENFREW (f) NIKKI BROWN
(g) JESS BARNES (h) RUTH BRAZIER
(i) JOSIE HEWSON (j) LAUREN SHUTTLEWORTH
|You can now use your social login to comment on our front page articles using your Facebook, Twitter, Google or LinkedIn accounts!|