York City Quizball
Christmas time, mistletoe and wine - a Minstermen quiz is simply divine! .... Here's a festive edition of York City Quizball.
1. Can you indentify these current City players by their middle names?
(a) Liam (b) Trevor (c) Glyn (d) Othneal
2. Who was City's unused substitute for their Wembley play-off final victory against Crewe Alexandra in May 1993?
3. Which manager made a club record start while remaining unbeaten in his first fourteen games in charge after being appointed on Boxing Day 2007?
4. City spent two seasons in the old second division during the mid-seventies but who were their final league opponents at that level?
Q7. Can Marvin McCoy outscore a couple of his colleagues?
5. Who scored City's consolation goal in an FA Cup fourth round 3-1 defeat at First Division Champions Nottingham Forest in January 1979?
6. City broke their transfer record twice in four months during the 1995-96 season when signing which two players?
7. Who has the more full international caps, Marvin McCoy, Josh Carson or Anthony Straker?
8. Defender Ricky Sbragia arrived from which club in August 1982 - and later made his final City appearance against the same team almost five years later?
Q8. Defender Ricky Sbragia joined City from which club?
9. Who is fifth in the list of all-time City goalscorers?
10. Chris Brass' final match in charge and Billy McEwan's first in the hot-seat were both against which club?
11. At which club did Dave Winfield begin his professional career?
Q11. Where did it all start for Dave Winfield?
12. Prior to knocking Manchester United out of the Coca Cola Cup in October 1995, City narrowly lost at which ground in their first round first-leg?
13. Who were City's opponents in their first-ever appearance on Match of the Day in April 1974?
14. Paul Barnes scored on his City debut against which side in August 1992?
15. Who scored the only goal in the League Cup second round victory against Aston Villa in October 1973?
Q 18. Which was Jackie McNamara's first club as a player?
16. In which year did City purchase Bootham Crescent having previously only leased it (a) 1943 (b) 1945 (c) 1948?
17. Which four players have scored first-team City hat-tricks at Wrexham in post-war football?
18. At which Scottish club did Jackie McNamara begin his senior playing career?
19. Who scored the first-ever goal conceded by City in the Conference in August 2004 - but still went on to become a huge favourite of their supporters?
20. Can you unscramble these former York City Clubmen of the Year?
(a) Blue Crab End Kid
(b) Barnardo Pill
(c) Scotland And Loony
(d) Jason Berry
(e) Capital Snuffle
(f) Japan Loch Him
(g) Larch Impress
(h) Snow Raid Lapel
(i) Stand On Roof Right
(j) Notable Dan
(k) Walk Whitney
(l) And Red Running
(m) Clammy Inland
(n) Torch Pig Spin
(o) Same Driver
(p) Mainland Cod